23andMe’s Udacity PGS® Raffle
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO BE AWARDED A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING A PRIZE.
- Sponsor and Event: 23andMe, Inc. (“23andMe”) is sponsoring a sweepstakes for Udacity students who have enrolled in the Tales from the Genome course by October 31, 2013.
- Eligibility: 18 years and older. Legal residents of the United States only. Residents of the state of Maryland will be excluded. Limitations apply to residents of the state of New York (click here to read collection and mailing of saliva sample in the state of NY.) No employees or agents of 23andMe and Udacity or their family members, may participate. Participation in the Raffle constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules (“Official Rules”).
- Prizes and Odds: One Personal Genome Service® (approximately $99 value) will be awarded (the "Prize") to 50 separate winners (each a “Winner”). The odds of receiving the Prize will depend on the number of eligible participants.
- How to Participate: A participant must complete ALL of the following by October 31, 2013, 11:59 PM PST in order to become eligible
- Sign up for an account at 23andMe.com (both free demo account and Personal Genome Service® accounts are eligible);
- Sign up for an account at Udacity.com using the same email address as 23andMe account;
- Enroll in Udacity’s course, Tales from the Genome; and
- Complete any two lessons and two problem sets in Tales from the Genome. The participant must answer all quiz questions within any two lessons and all questions within any two problem sets correctly. These problem sets do not need to correspond to the two lessons completed.
- When Prizes Will Be Awarded: Prize will be awarded on Novermber 8th, 2013.
- How Prizes Will be Awarded: On November 8th, 2013, Raffle officials will randomly award a Prize to 50 eligible participants by selecting such participant’s information using www.random.org. Winners will be notified by e-mail within five (5) business days of selection, and are required to respond to 23andMe with their shipping information within fourteen (14) days of notification. Winners may also be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within such 14-day period. If a selected Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize within the 14-day period and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted. The total value of all the prizes to be awarded under this Sweepstakes is approximately $4950. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes that apply to prizes, and must provide appropriate taxpayer identification information to 23andMe for reporting purposes. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of 23andMe for a prize of equal or greater value. 23andMe will not replace any lost, stolen or defective prizes. 23andMe is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise, or for theft or destruction or unauthorized access or alterations of entry materials, phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. Prizes will only be shipped to the United States
- Limitation of Liability: By participating and winning a prize, winner releases 23andMe, its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, and agents (the “Released Entities”), from any and all liability with respect to this promotion or the use of any prize, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond 23andMe’s control that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the Prize, or from your participation in the promotion or any aspect of the Event; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the promotion. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED ENTITIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $100. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS EVENT AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Decisions Final: 23andMe’s decisions in all respects relative to this promotion are final. 23andMe reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the promotion in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the promotion is compromised, without liability to the entrant.
- Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by accepting any Prize, each Winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, and statements attributed to Winner (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
- Winner’s List: Official Rules For a list of Prize Winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to 23andMe Udacity PGS® Raffle, 23andMe, Inc., 1390 Shorebird Way, Mountain View, CA 94043 or (for winner’s list only) send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Winner’s list for 23andMe Udacity PGS® Raffle” as the email subject and the date of the promotion in the body of the e-mail.